The new BMW M2 CS08/11/2019
BMW M GmbH is launching an exclusive and limited-run special-edition model – with an eye-catchingly sporting appearance – in the premium compact class for the first time. Take a look below at some of the key information.
The new BMW M2 CS (fuel consumption combined:
10.4 – 10.2 l/100 km [27.2 – 27.7 mpg imp], CO2 emissions combined: 238 – 233 g/km*; with optional M DCT: fuel consumption combined: 9.6 – 9.4 l/100 km [29.4 – 30.1 mpg imp], CO2 emissions combined: 219 – 214 g CO2/km*) is the first exclusive and limited-run special-edition model created by BMW M GmbH for the premium compact class.
It is positioned as a high-performance model above the BMW M2 Competition and will build on the success already achieved by the BMW M3 CS and BMW M4 CS.
• Immensely capable basis for the BMW M2 CS Racing model, BMW M Motorsport’s new entry point to amateur racing and the new Clubsport segment (available from 2020).
• New carbon fibre-reinforced plastic (CFRP) construction for the bonnet cuts its weight by 50 per cent; eye-catching central air vent increases downforce and improves engine cooling; roof made from CFRP.
• New front splitter, Gurney spoiler lip on the boot lid and rear diffuser in exposed carbon fibre.
• Six-cylinder in-line petrol engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology and 3.0-litre displacement develops 331 kW (450 hp) in the BMW M2 CS – i.e. 29 kW (40 hp) more than in the BMW M2 Competition; peak torque is 550 Nm (405 lb-ft).
• Acceleration from 0 – 100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.0 seconds (with manual gearbox: 4.2 seconds); electronically governed top speed with standard M Driver’s Package: 280 km/h (174 mph).
• Six-speed manual gearbox fitted as standard for the first time in a BMW CS model, seven-speed M double-clutch transmission (M DCT) available as an option.
• Standard specification includes Adaptive M suspension with Comfort, Sport and Sport+ modes, plus M Sport brakes with red-painted callipers; M Carbon ceramic brakes are optional; Active M Differential and M Dynamic Mode (can be selected as required).
• Lightweight 19-inch Y-spoke forged wheels in a high-gloss black or optionally a matt gold colour shade; shod with specially adapted Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres.
• Dual-branch exhaust system enhances aesthetic and aural appeal, features two electrically-controlled flaps and four stainless steel tailpipes bearing the M logo.
• Lightweight, bucket-style M Sport seats from the BMW M4 CS with integral head restraints featuring BMW M stripes; seat backrests in Merino leather / Alcantara and with red contrast stitching.
• M Sport steering wheel with Alcantara covering and a red centre marker as an option.
• Exclusive Misano Blue metallic paint finish.